Cut and paste the questions below in an email and send to SVIF@angellaunch.com by April 15 2016.
Here are the areas that we will consider.
- Management team and background
- Product status and ability to show demo
- Pain problem in marketplace you are solving
- Customer targets
- Market acqusition and retention strategy
- Identify competitors and how you differentiate from them
- How much funding you received and what you need
- Benchmarks you use for business and product development
There is no fee to apply. For more details on the application process and criterion go here.
PRESENTING TRACKS WILL BE IDENTIFIED BY THESE CATEGORIES:
- Life Science and Physical Science
Biotech, Life Science, Devices, Diagnostics, Drug Discovery, Health Care, Health IT, Pharma, Mining, Natural Resources, Energy
- Technology, Internet, Media
Internet, software, Ed Tech, hardware, services, mobile, apps, enterprise, telecom, mobile, chips, semiconductors, SaaS, Security, networking.
- Products, Goods and Services-Non Tech
Consumer and Retail Goods, Products and Services (such as food and beverage, apparel, home furnishings, hardware, retail, transportation, enterprise, entertainment)
CUT AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS WITH RESPONSES AND EMAIL TO: SVIF@angellaunch.com with “PITCH” in subject line.
1. Company Details:
Name and website; category (such as mobile, web, life science), mailing address, contact person name, title, phone and email and contact info for second person in charge.
2. Funding Stage
How much funding you received to date
Sources of your funding (such as VC, friends and family, self)
How much funding you are now seeking
How you plan to use the new funding
3. Founders, Number of Employee, and Management Team Bios or Links
If you are missing any critical founding team members, please indicate what positions you plan to hire.
4. Company Formation Date
5. Proposed Presenter
6. Complete Description of Product or Service and Business Model
7. Identification of business model and description of how the company makes money.
8. Market Potential and Benefits to Industry:
A large addressable market and clearly stated pain/problem for this market.
Give evidence of customer demand through active sales prospecting and funnel management, purchase orders, letters of intent, letters of commitment, or actual shipped/invoiced sales supported by market research.
9. Benefits to Industry:
Where Product Fits In with Existing Market or how it disrupts industry
10. Partners or Customers:
A contract, agreement, relationship, joint venture, partnership or capacity to manufacturer or distribute the product or service.
11 .Key Investors,
Identify investors, Amounts Funded, Current Funding Status and Amount Sought, Summary of status of Pro forma financial statements
12. Potential Competitors:
Competitor Analysis and documentation of competitive differentiators. Please do not say you don’t have any; every company has some form of competition.
13. Exit Strategy:
A defined exit strategy/return for the Angel Fund including but not limited to share repurchase, rents, dividend, principal and interest payments, merger/acquisition or IPO.
If you won any awards or recognition at past startup competitions, venture forums, or received positive press coverage, please mention the award name and date, or include links to news articles or press coverage.
Provide contact info (name, company, title, phone, email) for at least two references familiar with your venture that are not employees. May include investors, board of advisors, customers or partners.
TYPES OF COMPANIES THAT SHOULD APPLY TO PRESENT:
- Apparel and consumer goods
- Biotech, life science, health IT, and drug development
- Consumer goods and services
- Educational Technologies
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Clean Tech
- Enterprise and business services
- Financial Services
- Food products and services
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Internet and digital media
- IP Services
- Manufacturing, industrial and fabrication
- Media and entertainment
- Mobile apps and devices
- Natural resources and mining
- Professional services
- Retail and consumer products
- Semiconductors, chips, electronics
- Software, IT, Networking. Infrastructure
- Telecom and Mobile